All around the state, Great Ed Action volunteers are making phone calls, talking at work and on the playground, and speaking to community groups in support of Proposition 103, the citizen initiative to start reinvesting in our schools colleges and universities.
Here’s what they are telling us:
1) A lot of folks are unaware of the impact that three years of cuts have had on Colorado’s students. They are shocked to find out about classes of 40 kids, schools without arts, classrooms without books, and tuition increases of 20 percent.
2) Many have never heard of Proposition 103 and are unaware that Colorado voters finally have the opportunity to stop short-sighted and irresponsible cuts to education.
3) Once they know about the impact of the cuts and the opportunity to stop them, most folks support Prop 103.
People are responding to our message. But will enough of them hear it?
Will you help us deliver it?
We’re about one-third of the way to our goal: 21,000 volunteer calls and/or letters to targeted voters by October 14 (when most will start receiving their ballots).
Here are the easy ways you can help us reach “21K in 21 Days”.
- Volunteer in our office (making calls and writing letters) and receive a limited-edition yard sign! We don’t have many, so come in soon! Call before you come (303-722-5901) to make sure we’re in.
- Donate the cost of 25 ($11), 50 ($22) or 100 ($44) stamps, to ensure there’s enough postage for all the letters addressed and personalized by our volunteers.
Colorado voters finally have an opportunity to stop the cuts. Just a few minutes of your time today will help ensure that, on November 1 (Election Day), you’ll know you did your part to put Colorado back on track.
Great Education Colorado
1000 E. 16th Avenue, Suite 018
Denver, CO 80218
Filed under: News! |