Position Opening Announcement
Literacy Specialist, Colorado Department of Education
Through a grant from the Legacy Foundation, the Colorado Department of Education has created a position for a literacy specialist. Qualifications, duties, and a link to the CDE Job Opening site are listed below. Position closes on August 18, 2011.
CDE job opening site: http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdemgmt/HR/jobs.htm
Broad Scope of Position: This position provides leadership, guidance, and support with respect to implementation of literacy standards, literacy grants and initiatives, educator effectiveness, and research-proven instructional practices.
· Bachelor’s degree in literacy or related field.
· Knowledge of scientifically based reading research, and research-based strategies and practice related to teaching and learning.
· Demonstrated administrator or management experience in the K-12 educational system.
· Knowledge of the Colorado Academic and English Language Proficiency Standards.
· Knowledge of the Colorado Student Assessment Program and the new state assessment system attributes.
· Knowledge of the Colorado Basic Literacy Act.
· Experience developing and delivering professional development for a variety of constituency groups.
· Knowledge of factors contributing to achievement gaps and knowledge of effective strategies for closing achievement gaps.
· Knowledge of the literacy assessment landscape, including assessments for screening, progress monitoring, formative assessment practice, and summative assessment.
· Excellent facilitation and presentation skills.
· Effective communication and conflict resolution skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
· Use of technology, particularly Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel.
· Ability and willingness to travel.
· Master’s degree in literacy education or a related field.
· Experience with the grant writing process.
· Proven ability to lead and facilitate collaborative literacy initiatives.
· Understanding of the role of literacy in 21st Century learning.
· Knowledge of Career and Technical Education
· Knowledge of qualify professional development opportunities both nationally and statewide.
Filed under: Best Practices |