Be Recognized as a “POWER LIBRARIES” School!
Do you have a professional teaching license and a school library endorsement? If so, check out the Power Libraries Program application for 2009 online at
The application is due March 26, 2009.
Please contact Michelle Gebhart at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.866.6894 for a username and password in order to apply for the Power Libraries Program.
In the meantime, feel free to review the Developing and High Performance rubrics as well as the criteria checklist at the website.
We are looking for school librarians to join the Power Libraries Program! This prestigious group of teacher-librarians collaborates with teachers and staff to ensure that students get the best standards-based instruction and resources to increase their knowledge and performance.
We need high performing teacher-librarians to share their expertise with other Colorado schools and develop a network of Power Libraries.
Reasons to Become a POWER LIBRARY!
1. ASSISTANCE from Power Libraries consultants to help you develop your collaboration skills
2. NETWORKING with other Power Libraries
3. RESOURCES that include practical articles, ideas, best practices to assist in collaboration
4. RECOGNITION by CDE and the Colorado State Library, including a certificate
5. PUBLICITY for your school library program
Recent studies in Colorado show that strong school library programs correlate directly to student scores on standardized tests that are 10% to 18% higher than schools without strong school library programs.
PLP is a cooperative program of the Colorado State Library & the Colorado Department of Education.