The Primary Source Librarian is a friendly professional space for educators to find information, advice, and support for teaching with primary sources. Librarians, technology specialists, teachers, curriculum specialists, and all other enthusiastic K-16 educators are invited to participate by sharing their own primary source successes and real-world experiences.The Primary Source Librarian (aka Mary J. Johnson) posts in the following categories:
- Ideas for teaching with all types of primary sources (photographs, maps, films, documents, artifacts, sound)
- Advice for teaching effectively with online primary sources
- Newly-discovered primary source lessons
- Ideas for introducing new technologies along with primary sources
- News about current digitization efforts and primary source workshops
Visitors will also find easy-to-locate links to online primary source collections and classroom-tested primary source lessons.