What is your district doing to comply with NCLB’s Technology Literacy Assessment requirement? A report may be due in August, 2007 to feds. This report may consist of:
1.How many students are being assessed for 8th grade tech literacy?
2.How many students are technologically literate based on district’s definition?
3.Define district’s definition of technology literacy.
Some ideas for assessment reporting that Gwen has heard districts around state mention:
1. Report for this year but develop true assessment over next year or two
o Year 1 – ?
o Year 2 – Rubric idea like Durango’s
o Year 3 – Portfolio idea
2. CSAP – standard 5
Eighth grade students are proficient when they demonstrate the accurate use of information from a variety of reference sources by:
o Using graphic organizers to collect and organize data
o Using multiple definitions of common words
o Determining main ideas from supporting details
o Applying knowledge of text structure
o Determining significance of events
3. Internet safety skills
4. ICT literacy assessment – for college though
5. Signed AUA and signing onto to network – If student signed on, he must have used the internet.
7. Student self-assessment through Survey Monkey
8. Student took an online test
9. Use of technology is embedded into 8th grade curriculum, so if student passed 8th grade, must be proficient.
Gwen Giddens, email@example.com
Filed under: News! |